Roles are used for defining a set of permissions which allow or restrict access to certain features within CQ. Once the permissions associated with a role have been defined the role can then be assigned to any CQ user. Roles can only be managed by users who have the Admin level role.
1. To add a new role, first, click Admin Settingsin the ribbon at the bottom of the CQ window.
2. Next, click Roles in the ribbon at the top the Admin Settings window to open the Roles dialog.
3. Once the dialog opens, a user can edit the permissions associated with an existing role or add a new role.
4. To edit the permissions associated with an existing role, simply select (enable)or deselect (disable)the checkboxes next to a permission under that role's column.
5. To add a new role, click the Add New Role button at the top right of the dialog. Users will be prompted to input a name for the new role.
6. After naming the role and clicking , it will appear as a new column in the Roles dialog.
7. To edit the permissions associated with the newly created role, simply select (enable)or deselect (disable)the checkboxes next to a permission under that new role's column.
8. To save the changes and close the window, click .
9. To assign the new role to a user, click the cell in the Role column next to the user's name within the Admin Settings window. The new role will be available in the drop-down list. Select it to apply those permissions to the user.
10. Click the Save Changes button, in the ribbon at the top of the window, to apply and save all changes.